day 23, to the last one you kissed

~ ~
Day 23. The last person you kissed

Joe,

If the "last one I kissed" should include all of those I've give a "bisous" while we've been here, then I've cheated. A lot.

I kissed you before you went to work this morning. Your starter-beard scratched my lips, & you were lucky. For once, I wasn't wearing chapstick.

Today, I'll go do laundry. I'll surprise you by taking all of your boxers & that blanket I spilled jelly on. The bag will be heavy when I carry it home, because nothing really dries at the laundry mat. I'll feel like I'm doing something really nice for us, like it's something that will make us really happy.

I've gotten really bad at doing laundry lately–finding all sorts of excuses to pay for it (like the jelly mess) instead of loading up the bathroom sink. It's been cold in the apartment, & I can't bring myself to keeping my hands in that water long enough to rinse, wash, rinse & twist until all that water drips back into the sink. Maybe in March I'll be better.

Thanks for being nice to me these last few days. I haven't made it easy. I'm feeling better, though. Getting there. Not well enough to scrub the mold from the wallpaper or clean out the mess under the bed like I wanted to, but I'm learning to worry less about what I didn't get done–thanks to you. We'll get there, & in the mean time I'll be happy about the laundry.

I can't wait to go to Italy with you & stay in a room that we're not sharing with eight other people (like in Frankfurt). I can't wait to see you walking on the same streets as Italo Calvino & know that we're working on making all of our dreams like that possible.

I'm going to make you take a bunch of pictures with me (since we've sucked at doing that lately but have TONS of pictures of buildings & food). I especially want the ones where we're kissing in the picture, because I know you hate that, but then I can come back & post them all on this post & you will be embarrassed & it will be funny. For me.

Tomorrow is our sixth month anniversary. You have less than 24 hours to buy me something really nice & expensive. Go.

Love,
Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger