day 24, to your favorite memory-maker

~ ~
Day 24. The person that gave you your favorite memory 
Chlo-bug,

Remember that time, before we went to California, when I tried to push your bike as fast as it would go and then it sort of, well, flipped over? I'm sorry about that huge scab on your lip. I'm not sorry that you then picked it off while you were eating Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes at Disneyland. That was awesome.

Remember that time I accidentally hit you in the face with the hose, because I was trying to sprinkle you with the water stuck inside? I'm really, really sorry. Truly. But the toy I got with my Taco Bell kids' meal after we got your stitches was pretty awesome–the dog-shaped thing full of stickers. I put the stickers all over my "I'm really sorry" card for you, and I wasn't even sad that I'd used up most of my stickers. That's how much I love you.

Remember that time we started REALLY collecting stickers? Yours filled up an old box of Christmas cards, but then you got afraid to use them 'cause you didn't want them to go away. Like your Valentine's Day candy that lasts until Easter... and then your Easter candy that we find hidden away at Christmas.

My favorite memories are all with you–even if they're memories of me kicking you out of our room when I was trying to do cool makeovers with my older friends and you were younger and I thought you weren't cool.

I was wrong. You're really cool. Makeovers were always cooler when we did them together. I have far too many pictures of us doing monster faces in green facial masks. Sleepovers were always cooler with you, when we would even pack our bags and pretend to stay the night at each other's house.

Even before you were born, you gave me great memories, like how I tried to take care of a baby doll to get practice being a good sister. She sat at the table with us. She slept in your crib. She cried less than you, but I got really bored with her. I don't get bored with you.

I keep thinking about how cool our memories will be now–when we can drive to see each other, go see rated-R movies (in less than a YEAR), have parties together & have even MORE things in common. You're the thing that matters most to me, & I look forward to all the memories we'll make in just a few months now.

Love you,
Meg

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gah. this makes me a little teary. i'm sending this to my big sister.

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger