day 10, somone you want to talk to more

~ ~
Day 10. Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to

Ella,

Every time I leave you, I'm afraid you won't remember me. I know I'm not the best godmother I could be, but I pray for you daily–a sort of endless prayer, like breathing. I write you letters and imagine you listening to the words as your mom reads them, and I hope they make you happy. 

I've always been away from you, and I've always struggled to figure out how I could make my role as godmother a larger part of both of our lives. I love hearing stories about you, and I love coming home for your birthdays and holidays and cookouts and play dates. I love hearing your voice change–the biggest sign that you're growing up is the leaps your voice and vocabulary take when I get to steal minutes on the phone with you.

I love the Christmas card you made me and the notes you've written me. I love thinking that in half a year, I'll be a few hours from your small hands, making crafts and typing on capes, instead of a world away. We'll have visits and decorate cookies and hold conversations and chase birds around the yard and make fun of Joe. 

I love you, and if I turn out to be any kind of respectable adult in the World, know that you played a part in it. You're such a cool kid, and I can't wait to be with you as you turn into a really cool person. It's inevitable; it runs in the family.


Loads of love colored like a rainbow and being galloped on by a unicorn,
Meg

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger