We made it!

~ ~
Notice that the "Living in Nancy" banner is no longer heading our posts...  We've made it back. The clocks have officially been set to Midwest time.

After a night sleeping in the Dublin airport, three days in NYC with my best friend & an indirect flight to southern Indiana, we have finally returned to Joe's family. We were greeted at the airport with balloons, flowers & boxes of surprises. It was great to see how much we were missed & how much people do to show they love us. 

The next few days are a scramble to get vehicles in order, cell phones ordered & lives settled back into place as much as possible. This is hard for me. I have another month before my life becomes full-time, & I'm not good at vacation. I'm already re-arranging the schedule & creating to-do lists for each day, each visit, each sector of our life. Luckily, I share my life with a man much more relaxed. We're working on a balance.

Forgive me for skipping everything about our NYC trip for a bit. I'll be posting about it on my new blog, meant for pushing us through our second year of marriage (& beyond). For the time being, I'll just be posting the random update post while we stay with Joe's sister & her fiancé in an amazing guest bedroom with–You guessed it!–a double bed!

Tonight, the girls are sitting on the floor attached to laptops, watching the pets (a bunny five times larger than mine & an energetic black cat in love with his laser pointer) while the boys sit on the couch, killing zombies via Xbox. Tomorrow, the truck goes in for surgery & we start re-packing our lives for the official move into our first apartment.

I usually say that I don't suffer from time changes, but it is 9 p.m, & my eyes are heavy. We've got a lot to think about, a lot of people to visit, a lot of hot weather & a lot of sleep to catch up on. The Betz Family Takes Evansville is just beginning! Next stop: Wapak.

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Welcome back! St. Louis anxiously awaits you.

meganveit said...

Hope we'll see you in STL next weekend!

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger