let's go, june!

~ ~
Maybe it was the early morning post yesterday. Maybe it was the sunshine. Maybe it was a good dinner followed by a long talk with my family... but something about yesterday felt big. I didn't study statistics; I didn't write enough; I didn't get myself quite as organized as I'd like. I still feel remarkably accomplished.

When I tried to explain the feeling to my mom, I couldn't quite figure it out. I recounted the day: reading in the park, groceries at the market, a good dinner (and subsequent post on the soon-to-be blog), Cruel Intentions (watching the film AND starting the book that inspired it, "Les Liaisons Dangereuses").

What seemed so different, in the end, was that it felt like I was really living the life I'd spent the day having the kind of life I set out to have here: a part of the community, a dedication to literature & writing, a focus on good food. What more could we ask for from our time here? To remind me to take advantage of each day left, a number which I refuse to count but is rapidly approaching a mere 30, I hope to add pictures to the new Our Final Month photo album–especially pictures of us. We're terrible at taking them.

Somehow, the weeks seem busier & more rushed when I'm working less. I'm outstanding at finding things to fill my time with. Hopefully, that will include meeting up with my French professor from Ball State this afternoon. I'll admit that I'm more than a bit nervous about this, as I freeze up when I think about my French. When I know people have certain expectations, the language skills leave my body & hover at this place above my head just out of reach.

To loosen myself up & keep my mind positive, I've turned on a large pot of coffee, opened "Les Liaisons Dangereuses", grabbed some fruit & prepared myself for a busy day. The to-do list is about a page long, & that feels inspiring instead of worrisome.

A lot of my optimism is also coming from thoughts of returning home. With each day, things are slowly getting pieced together for our return. Today we should hear back from an apartment that peaked both of our interests; we've decided on what cell phone plan to go with; I find a stack of things to recycle or throw away each day. Our apartment, lives & suitcases have finally started to feel lighter.

Good luck with your day–I hope it's as sunny as our morning has been.

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger