it's (nearly) official!

~ ~
What an exciting way to begin our last month here! It's getting easier to think about our return (in some ways–though I admit that my eyes started watering when I saw a picture of Paris today & thought about being a flight away).

Right before going to sleep last night, I checked me e-mail. There was a massive new message with five different attachments. Our lease for # B9, the apartment I discussed yesterday, has arrived! Tomorrow, we will mail our deposit & be on our way to securing our new home, an apartment three times what we lived in this year.

Looking at the floor plan has me so excited. Not only will Baby, who also has a massive new home thanks to my parents, have room to run around, but we'll have space for storage, a dinner table AND workspace. Also, our bed will be full-sized & sitting on the ground, no ladder required.

Our move-in date is August 16, an interesting situation that caused some rescheduling & a series of adjustments to our Returning to Our Home Country Mega-long To-do List. My week of intensive math study (which IU affectionately refers to as "camp") begins August 14. Moving will happen in several phases, cause several arguments, require lots of driving & mean we're ultimately living in an apartment with JUST a bed for about a week. I'm excited!

I've spent the day planning how I want to decorate, which is how I've spent lots of hours since January... but now I have some real space to imagine! There will be more to come, but we have lots of other things to take care of first... like eating a celebratory broccoli-cheese pizza & chocolate-covered cherries we made this afternoon. HUZZAH!

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

3 comments:

Ashley C. Ford said...

If you'd like to borrow the books I have on decorating, I'd be happy to let you!

meganveit said...

that'd be great! it will take us a LONG time to get things how i want them, but you've seen my tumblr so you know a lot of what we're going for: very eclectic, second-hand decorating... not TOO expensive, right? right? i like the idea of stealing your books for a bit, because that means i could see you TWICE.

Ashley C. Ford said...

I'll make sure you see me more than twice :)

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger