preparing for the move

~ ~
I realize that it has been longer than an acceptable amount of time since my last blog post. I've been writing other things & doing a lot of nothing, but I haven't found anything worth sharing with you. I've gone on picnics, danced with friends and eaten raclette (a sort of individual fondue-maker where you melt raclette cheese and pour it over potatoes, meats and tiny pickles & veggies). None of this is exactly news-worthy.

Over the past three or four days, Joe & I have gone from trying to be busy, honestly productive & out of bed to being completely worn down, lazy, cookie-eating good-for-nothings. Mondays are our day "out in the city"–picnic & time together in the park between Joe's classes, then out for a drink between Joe's second round of classes & Monday evening tutoring. It's a great set-up for Joe (teach, eat, teach, drink a beer, tutor) & beneficial for me (long walk, eat, study stats, read, drink a beer, walk home & get dinner ready).

But somehow, it ended up making us both feel rather lazy. Today, we're trying to step it up. This is the third day in a row I've tried to get groceries. Maybe it's the gray sky & rain? Maybe it's the migraine that hit hard yesterday & knocked me out for a bit? Maybe we're just tired of trying to push ourselves & focus on something other than the 30-odd days in France.

Maybe I should stop whining about this all the time & just get. something. accomplished. That's the attitude I woke up with today, & it's finally working. While I'm still in my pajamas & I've listened to Jane Eyre (then watched Netherland Dwarf, which was NOT the pick-me-up I was hoping for), I did get a lot of computer work done...

To get myself on track & allow myself some time to think of all the great things that are ahead of us in the States, I put some serious work into my blog. That's right, it's time for francofile to move on to bigger & better things. I've been trying to figure out what that would mean for a while. While I love everything that has happened on this blog & want to keep it semi-active so that it won't disappear into Internet Purgatory, I've officially decided to move over to Wordpress–a site with more freedom (well, if you pay for it...), more structure & more space. I'll be meganbetz.wordpress.com now, still with the francofile themes & dedication.

Feel free to check it out & start following, but keep in mind that regular posts will still be happening here until I make the official switch in August.

Enjoy what you're reading? I'd love to know that we're on track. Click Follow on the right side of the screen to stick with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - francofile
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger